Discover Something New
Dementia-Friendly Community Meetings
Our dementia-friendly community meetings are held on the second Thursday of every EVEN month (February, April, June, etc.) at 8:30 A.M. at the Health and Human Services building (located at 1910 County Road NN, Elkhorn, WI 53121) or virtually by phone or Zoom.
The meetings are free and anyone is welcome to join!
To be put on a reminder list, click here to contact us to register.
A memory cafe gives individuals with Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI), early-stage Alzheimer’s, or a related dementia (as well as their caretakers and family members) that live in Walworth County the opportunity to come together in a safe, supportive, and engaging environment.
Memory cafe attendees can expect the following outcomes:
- Developing new relationships with others that attend the cafe
- Minimizing or preventing social isolation by reducing the stigma associated with dementia
- Opportunities to meet regularly with other people who have dementia and their caregivers or family members
Memory cafe locations in Wisconsin:
- Aram Public Library
- Burlington Public Library
- Lake Geneva Public Library
- Matheson Memorial Library
- Whitewater Public Library
If you are interested in attending any of the above memory cafes, please call (800) 272-3900.
Coming Soon: Alzheimer's Band
Coming Soon: Alzheimer's Choir
1527 Meadow Lane